Thursday 3 May 2012

60's Red Polka Dot French

A nude and cherry red polka dot French. That's what I wanted to show you guys today! I thought it was very retro and 60's looking, hence the post title :)

Since I've been back, I've been so busy that my nails have been naked for a few days! I managed to finally paint my nails last night with a Speciallita polish I recently received in a swap and I will post that as soon as I've posted these last few manis I did before I went on holiday!


For this mani I used Nails Inc Elizabeth Street, a creamy nude shade with the slightest hint of rose. I use this polish very often as a base for funky Frenches! The tips and polka dots are Nails Inc Victoria, a dark cherry red which is much darker than what you can see in these pictures but as I just applied one coat over the tips, it looks lighter.


Thanks for reading and commenting :) Pin It

18 comments:

  1. this is weird for me, but i REALLY like that nude! definitely gonna be looking out for it. thanks for sharing your awesome mani ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a massive fan of nudes but for some reason, I'm really into them now!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I can't wait to try it!
    Did you have a nice break?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Yes I did...it was awesome! I'm so glad I'm back in the cold and rain (not!!!)

      Delete
  3. this is really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Elizabeth St. went just perfectly with that deep red! I need to try something like that with mine sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, so pretty!

    (itsgreeds.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ow this looks damn great! Need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so cute but cute in a way I would wear it. I have not dotted an entire nail for a while - think I will try this one soon - I am really into the more nude shades doing sandwiches with them and soft glitter layers or flakie. But I am ready now for a change from that. I think this is more reflective of the 50's than 60's having grown up in those generations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve love loving this! It is so very retro chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! i am totally loving this! I havent seen something this cool and retro in a long time! You should be very proud of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty and creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this mani! The red is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...