Thursday 12 January 2012

A little experiment...


I'm not a false nail kind of person, I'm not into the acrylic look and to be honest I don't even know how I let my friend talk me into trying these out. Although they are much thinner than salon acrylics, they are still...plastic!

She uses these glue on nails which you can buy on Ebay in bulk, for an average of 3 to 4 weeks before they start to fall off (not a major concern for me as I change my mani way too often). They come in sets of 12 nails. I filed around them a little but could have done a better job with my pinky finger as the back of the nail didn't fit my cuticle properly.


I decided to polish over them before I glued them on. I used 2 coats of an nameless La Femme Polish. It's a dark mauve-purple polish packed with gold micro-shimmer.


If indeed these glue-ons have such staying power, I suppose they are good for people who like extensions and the acrylic look but don't want to pay £30 for a full salon set. A pack of 300 sets of these on Ebay cost me £3.80.

I'll let you know how I get on with these, I'll post about my progress and verdict soon. In the meantime, I'll be posting manis and swatches I've done previously. Pin It

17 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I don't like fake nails either. But the color on these is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look nice. I don't think they look overly false either. If you hadn't said they were fake I probably wouldn't have been able to tell unless I was up close to them. I just worry about the damage to my nails from the adhesive when I go to take them off because they can cause your nail beds to weaken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look pretty good... and that La Femme colour is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Amanda, @ Lindsey R - thanks. I really like this colour too. My cousin gave it to me, she didn't like the colour and was about to chuck it away! I said , no way!!! I'll have it :-)

    @ Melissa - From far they actually look real because they are thin to resemble the natural nail. I hope my nails don't get too damaged. My friend's aren't usually that bad when she removes them. I used a really good adhesive, so we'll see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i agree, i dont prefer fake nails as well >.<"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of the overly false nail look but I have such terrible nails that without *some* help I'm sunk. Yours look lovely though and in the pictures you'd never know they were plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Any chance you can let me know the Ebay seller you got these from? That would be fantastic! I think they look really nice but the most important thing is what you're comfortable with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to hunt for that polish tomorrow! It's so pretty! Also I think the nails look really nice :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Kayleigh - I've sent you an e-mail with link :-)

    @ Original Zombie Madam - thanks sweetie :-) I was trying to make them look as "real" as possible.

    @ Jennius - Hope you find it. I think Ebay will probably be your best bet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! :) Thanks for the reply! I never got the email though :( Could you possibly try again? Or just post it as a comment on any of my blog posts, if you don't want the link to go really public I can delete the comment after :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't look like false nails! Nice color ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like fake nails either... I love the nail design you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could draw flowers like that Amy :-) Those are nail stickers :-)

      Delete
  13. hey! I just stumbled upon your blog today, and am loving it!
    Could you let me know the ebay seller from whom you got these glue on nails?
    Thank you and greetings from Austria,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thank you so much. I bought these a long time ago but if I'm not mistaken, this was the seller - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/shop4femmestore
      They are "full false nails" instead of just tips and I bought the short ones as I don't like the very long ones. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  14. That's so funny, after a long time of searching through ebay I actually ended up buying some from this seller :D
    thank you for your quick answer! I thought it'd be good to keep some in case one nail brakes, since I hate filing them all down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...