Thursday 10 November 2011

Black & Gold Egyptian Pyramids

Today's mani was inspired by Jane's Pyramid manis. I spent the best part of an hour trying to figure out how she created a 3 tier pyramid without having to use 4 strips of tape simultaneously, but in the end I gave up! All I could come up with was a 2 tier pyramid!

Polishes used were Barry M Black and Miss Sporty Gold Backstage. I really like the contrast between Black & Gold and I love doing tape manis but I need a little bit more practice to get my angles right!


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Love it! Gold and black is such a classy combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt think the gold would transfer so well onto the nail. it looks really watery in the bottle. miss sporty is an amazing brand though. i wish people would use them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and fierce! I love chevrons and black and gold is a classic color combination. I'll also make a tutorial for the pyramid tips in the near future btw, so I'll explain and show how to make them then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I could master this design, so perfect!

    http://www.itsgreeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this design is unique and cool (: liking the combination and colours!

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like gold and black together. Great job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! I think this looks very nautical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome, very royal pairing of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this :) I wore black and gold last week and it is a nice combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ MusicalX - I was really surprised too at how opaque the gold was.

    @ Jane - Thanks :-) A tut would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...